Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Engine Companies:

 

Engine Company No. 2
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  December 3, 1866

Location:  Financial District

1866   December 3rd, assigned to quarters at 412 Bush Street, the former quarters of Columbian Engine Co. No. 11
1905   Relocated to 22 O'Farrell Street to the quarters of Truck Co. No. 1
1906   April 18th, the firehouse, a three story brick building on a full size lot, valued at $15,000, was totally destroyed in the 1906 Fire
1906   After April 18th, relocated to temporary quarters at 2139 Geary Street
1908   Relocated to new quarters at 460 Bush Street
1970   June 18th, relocated to 115 Drumm Street to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 1
1970   July 1st, company disbanded due to City budget cuts of the Fire Department

Location:  North Beach, Chinatown and the Northern Waterfront

1973   May 25th, reorganized 1340 Powell Street at the quarters of Truck Co. No. 2 , the former quarters of Engine Co. No. 5
1992   November 20th, relocated to 530 Sansome Street, the quarters of Engine Co. No. 13, for the earthquake retro-fitting of the firehouse
1995   May 6th, returned to quarters at 1340 Powell Street

Members of Engine Company No. 2:

1925
1925
   
Engine Company No. 2
   
L.S. Cornart
L.S. Cornart in 1883
Patrick Fleming
Patrick Fleming, 1st Vice President 1866 & 1902
   
Shadrick Campbell
Shadrick Campbell, 1st Vice President

Back to the Top