Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Engine Companies:

 

Engine Company No. 47
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1913

Location: Visitation Valley, Little Hollywood, Bayview and Portola

1913   Assigned to quarters at 1298 Girard Street

Location:  Outer Richmond, Sutro Heights, Cliff House

1915   Relocated to 540 Point Lobos Avenue, the former quarters of Chemical Engine Co. No. 8
1918   August 15th, company disbanded
1922   Company reorganized at 540 Point Lobos Avenue
1929   Relocated to new quarters at 499 - 41st Avenue
1973   May 25th, company disbanded due to the restructuring of the engine numbers