Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Truck Companies:

 

Truck Company No. 3
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1874

Location:  Downtown, Tenderloin, Polk Gulch, Western Addition

1974   Assigned to the quarters of Hose Co. No. 5, 1421 Market Street
(1749 Market Street, the Market Street numbers where adjusted in later years when the street was extended to the Ferry Building)
1906   April 18th, the firehouse, a three story brick building at 1749 Market Street, valued at $30,000, was totally destroyed in the 1906 Fire
1906   After April 18th, relocated to temporary quarters at 451 McAllister Street
1912   Relocated to new quarters at 431 Polk Street
1926   Relocated to the new quarters of Engine Co. No. 3, 1067 Post Street
1974   March 11th, relocated to the new quarters of Engine Co. No. 38, 2150 California Street for the remodeling of the firehouse
1976   August 24th, returned to the new quarters of Engine Co. No. 3, 1067 Post Street
1996   February 5th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 5, 1301 Turk Street for the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1999   June 11th, returned to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 3, 1067 Post Street

Members of Truck Company No. 3:

Truck 3 at City Hall
James E. Britt
James E. Britt in 1881
A.C. McKenzie
A.C. McKenzie
W.D. Waters
W.D. Waters in 1874

Back to the Top