Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Engine Companies:

 

Engine Company No. 39
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1908

Location:  Fillmore

1908   Assigned to quarters at 2136 Geary Street
1918   August 15th, company disbanded

Location:  Miraloma Park

1923   February, reorganized and assigned to new quarters at 1091 Portola Drive
1955   May, quarters heavily remodeled without relocating companies
1996   January 18th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 20, 285 Olympia Way, for the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1997   August 14th, returned to new quarters at 1091 Portola Drive