Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Engine Companies:

 

Engine Company No. 20
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1893

Location:  Marina District

1893   Assigned to quarters at 2117 Filbert Street, the former quarters of Hose Co. No. 8
1926   Relocated to new quarters at 2666 Lombard Street
1938   Relocated to new quarters at 2251 Greenwich Street
1955   Relocated to the temporary quarters in the Palace of Fine Arts for the rebuilding of the firehouse
1956   May, returned to the rebuilt quarters at 2251 Greenwich Street

Location:  Twin Peaks

1972   September 26th, relocated to the quarters of Truck Co. No. 20, 285 Olympia Way, the former quarters of Engine Co. No. 23
1998   February 23rd, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 39, 1091 Portola Drive, for the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1998   December 3rd, returned to quarters at 285 Olympia Way