Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page
Divisions:

2nd Assistant Chief
San Francisco Fire Department

(From the start of 2 platoon system only)

Organized:  August 15, 1918

Location:  Downtown

1918   August 15th, assigned to the quarters of Truck Co. No. 1, 36 O'Farrell Street
1925   Relocated to the new quarters of Truck Co. No. 1, 418 Jessie Street

Division 2

Re-designated as a Division with the requirement that it be staffed by an Assistant Chief

Organized:  November 1, 1926

Location:  North Beach, Chinatown, Russian Hill, and Northern Waterfront

1926   November 1st, assigned to the quarters of Truck Co. No. 2, 1340 Powell Street

Location:  Western Addition and covered the Richmond and Sunset Districts to the Ocean

1941   November 1st, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 15, 2150 California Street
1956   January 16th, relocated to the new quarters of Engine Co. No. 34, 1301 Turk Street
1999   March 15th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 38, 2150 California Street for the earthquake retrofitting of their firehouse
1999   December 14th, returned to 1301 Turk Street