Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Underwriters Fire Patrol Companies:

 

Underwriters Fire Patrol Company No. 2A

Organized:  1933

Location:  Western Addition
1933   Organized and assigned to quarters at 831 Buchanan Street at Birch Street
1940   Relocated to new quarters at 840 Octavia Street
1943   July 1st, company disbanded.  The men, apparatus and equipment were transferred into the SFFD to organize Salvage Co. No. 2A

Apparatus:
1933 - 1940
UP-7       1929 Reo Salvage Wagon
Registration #FE-3445

Engine: Continental 6-cylinder, 67 HP

1940 - July 1, 1943
UP-10     1939 International Salvage Wagon
Registration #D-50-850

Engine:   Continental 6-cylinder, 79 HP
July 1, 1943: SFFD Shop #SA-1 applied