Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Engine Companies:

 

Engine Company No. 9
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1871

Location:  South of Market, Rincon Hill

1871   Assigned to quarters at 320 Main Street, the former quarters of Hose Co. No. 2
1906   April 18th, the firehouse, one story brick building, was totally destroyed in during the 1906 Fire. Value of the building, $10,000
1906   After April 18th, relocated to the temporary quarters at 336 Main Street
1918   August 15th, relocated to the quarters of Fireboat Co. No. 1, Embarcadero at foot of Harrison Street, Pier 22 ½

Location:  Inner Mission and Bernal Heights

1974   January 2nd, company reorganized at the quarters of Truck Co. No. 9, 2501 - 25th Street, the former quarters of Engine Co. No. 37
1974   February 4th, relocated to new quarters at 2245 Jerrold Avenue
1996   Relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 25, 3305 - 3rd Street, for the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1996   April 8th, returned to quarters at 2245 Jerrold Avenue