Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum

Engine Companies:


Engine Company No. 7
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  April 15, 1868

Location:  Mission District

1868   April 15th, assigned to quarters at 3160 - 16th Street,  the former quarters of Hose Co. No. 5
1906   The firehouse, a two story brick building, was totally destroyed in the 1906 Fire. Value of the loss, $12,000
1906   After April 18th relocated to temporary quarters at 3623 - 17th Street
1907   Returned to new quarters at 3160 - 16th Street.  The cost of the new building was $22,000

Location:  Diamond Heights

1968   March 12th, relocated to new quarters at 80 Digby Street

Location:  Mission District

1973   August 17th, relocated to the quarters of Truck Co. No. 7, 2300 Folsom Street, the former quarters of Engine Co. No. 10
1996   September 10th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 6, 135 Sanchez Street, for the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1997   December 16th, returned to quarters 2300 Folsom Street

SFFD Home Page Guardians of The City Home Page