Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Engine Companies:

 

Engine Company No. 42
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1912

Location:  Portola Valley, University Mound, Silver Terrace

1912   Assigned to quarters at 1912 2430 San Bruno Avenue
1977   October 13th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 9, 2245 Jerrold Avenue, for the rebuilding of the firehouse
1977   November, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 43, 720 Moscow Street
1979   May 5th, returned to new quarters at 2430 San Bruno Avenue
1998   February 21st, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 44, 1298 Girard Street, for the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1998   Returned to new quarters at 2430 San Bruno Avenue