Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Engine Companies:

 

Engine Company No. 36
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1899

Location:  Outer Richmond, Sutro Heights, Cliff House

1899   Assigned to quarters at 720 Cliff Street, (540 Point Lobos Avenue)
1906   Relocated to new quarters at 551 - 26th Avenue
1920   June 28th, changed to a Hose Company
1920   October 16th, changed to an Engine Company
1954   Relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 47, 499 - 41st Avenue, for the rebuilding of the firehouse
1955   February, returned to new quarters at 551 - 26th Avenue
1972   November 20th, relocated to the quarters of to Engine Co. No. 47, 499 - 41st Avenue

Location:  Hayes Valley

1973   January 12th, relocated to the former quarters of Engine Co. No. 14, 109 Oak Street
1995   February 9th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 6, 135 Sanchez Street, for the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1996   September 3rd, returned to new quarters at 109 Oak Street
1998   January 29th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 6, 135 Sanchez Street, for addition earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1998   March 1st, returned to new quarters at 109 Oak Street