Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Engine Companies:

 

Engine Company No. 3
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  December 3, 1866

Location:  Downtown

1866   December 3rd, assigned to quarters on Sutter Street (south side) between Jones & Leavenworth Streets, the former quarters of Volunteer Engine Co. No. 7

Location:  Hunters Point

1872   Relocated to 1632 - 14th Avenue South (Oakdale Avenue), the former quarters of the South San Francisco Volunteer Fire Department

Location:  Polk Gulch, Tenderloin, Western Addition, Downtown

1874   Relocated to 1317 California Street
1906   The firehouse, a two story frame building, valued at $10,000, was totally destroyed in the 1906 Fire
1906   After April 18th, relocated to temporary quarters at 1423 Pine Street
1916   Relocated to new quarters at 1067 Post Street.  Cost of the new building $15,000
1974   March 11th, relocated to 1301 Turk Street, the quarters of Engine Co. No. 5 for the modernization rebuilding of their firehouse
1976   August 24th, returned to the remodeled quarters at 1067 Post Street
1996   February 5th, relocated to 1301 Turk Street, the quarters of Engine Co. No. 5 for the earthquake retrofitting of their firehouse
1996   March, returned to quarters at 1067 Post Street

Members of Engine Company No. 3:

William A. Voll 1910 - 1928
William A. Voll 1910 - 1928
William M. Regan 1910
William M. Regan 1910