Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Engine Companies:

 

Engine Company No. 26
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1894

Location:  Inner Richmond

1894   Assigned to quarters at 5th Avenue, between Anza & Balboa Streets
1895   Relocated to 327 - 2nd Avenue (351 - 2nd Avenue), the former quarters of Chemical Co. No. 3
1910   Relocated to new quarters at 3767 Sacramento Street
1956   April 29th, relocated to new quarters at 655 Presidio Avenue

Location:  Diamond Heights

1973   August 17th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 7, 80 Digby Street, the former quarters of Engine Co. No. 7
1998   Relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No 24, 100 Hoffman Avenue, due to the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1198   December 1st, returned to quarters at 80 Digby Street