Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Engine Companies:

 

Engine Company No. 10
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1873

Location:  South of Market

1873    Assigned to quarters at 516 Bryant Street
1906   April 18th, the firehouse, a two story frame building, was totally destroyed in during the 1906 Fire. Value of the building, $18,000
1906   April 23rd, company disbanded

Location:  Mission District

1907   Company reorganized and assigned to quarters at Truck Co. No. 7, 3050 - 17th Street
1954   October 14th, assigned to new quarters at 2300 Folsom Street

Location:  Lower Pacific Heights, Anza Vista and Jordan Park

1973   August 17th, company relocated to the quarters of Truck Co. No. 10, 655 Presidio Avenue, the former quarters of Engine Co. No. 26
1997   December 29th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 5, 1301 Turk Street, for the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1998   October 14th, returned to quarters at 655 Presidio Avenue