Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Chemical Engine & Tank Wagon Companies:

 

Chemical Engine Company No. 8
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1907

Location:  Outer Richmond, Sutro Heights, Cliff House

1907   Assigned to the former quarters of Engine Co. No. 36, 720 Sea Cliff Avenue (540 Point Lobos Avenue)               

Location:  Excelsior

1915   Relocated to the former quarters of Engine Co. No. 47, 1298 Girard Street
1918   August 15th, company disbanded
1922   Reorganized at 1298 Girard Street
1928   Company disbanded to organized Engine Co. No. 18

Location:  South of Market

1935   Reorganized and assigned to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 35, 38 Bluxome Street, as Tank Wagon Co. No. 35
1937   Company changed from a Tank Wagon to a Chemical Engine
1938   Relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 6, 356 - 7th Street
1939   Relocated to the new quarters of Engine Co. No. 35, 38 Bluxome Street
1948   Company changed from a Chemical Engine to a Tank Wagon
1948   Relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 6, 356  - 7th Street
1951   October, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 35, 38 Bluxome Street   
1956   April 9th, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 6, 356 - 7th Street for the rebuilding of the firehouse
1958   August 20th, company disbanded