Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Chemical Engine & Tank Wagon Companies:

 

Chemical Engine Company No. 3
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1891

Location:  Inner Richmond

1891   Assigned to new quarters at 327 - 2nd Avenue (351 - 2nd Avenue)

Location:  Barbary Coast

1895   Relocated to the former quarters of Hose Co. No. 1, 110 Jackson Street    

Location:  Financial District

1905   Relocated to the former quarters of Engine Co. No. 2, 412 Bush Street
1906   Relocated to the temporary quarters at 128 Jackson Street as the firehouse was totally destroyed in the 1906 Fire
1912   February 16th, Relocated to the new quarters of Engine Co. No. 2, 412 Bush Street
1937   Chemical Co. No. 3 converted to Tank Wagon Co. No. 3
1960   Company disbanded