Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page

Chemical Engine & Tank Wagon Companies:

 

Chemical Engine Company No. 2
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized 1891

Location:  Hayes Valley, Inner Mission

1891   Assigned to the quarters of Hose Co. No. 5, 1421 Market Street (1749 Market Street)
1897   Company disbanded

Location:  Inner Sunset

1899   Company reorganized and assigned to new quarters at 1348 - 10th Avenue

Location:  Fillmore

1900   Relocated to the quarters of Truck Co. No. 5, 1819 Post Street
1918   August 25th, relocated to the new quarters of Truck Co. No. 5, 2136 Geary Street
1937   Chemical Co. No. 2 converted to Tank Wagon Co. No. 2
1956   January 16th, relocated to the new quarters of Truck Co. No. 5, 1301 Turk Street
1957   December 22nd, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 26, 655 Presidio Avenue
1958   October, company disbanded