Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page
Battery Companies:

Battery Company No.1
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  1895

Location:  Nob Hill, Polk Gulch

1895   Assigned to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 3, 1317 California Street

Location:  South of Market

1898   Relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 10, 516 Bryant Street

Location:  Polk Gulch, Tenderloin, Western Addition, Downtown

1906   Relocated to the temporary quarters of Engine Co. No. 3, 1423 Pine Street
1916   Company disbanded

Apparatus:

Horse Drawn
1885 Gorter monitor battery unit built at the Corporation Yard