Guardians of The City SFFD Home Page - San Francisco Fire Department Museum SFFD HomeBack to GuardiansofTheCity.org Home Page
Battalions:

Battalion 5
San Francisco Fire Department

Organized:  August 15, 1918

Location:  Fillmore, Hayes Valley, Haight, Inner Richmond

1918   August 15th, assigned to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 21, 1152 Oak Street
1958   December, relocated to the new quarters of Engine Co. No. 21, 1443 Grove Street
1994   March 1st, relocated to the quarters of Engine Co. No. 12, 1145 Stanyan Street, for the earthquake retrofitting of the firehouse
1995   April 1st, returned to quarters 1443 Grove Street
2003   August 30th, Battalion disbanded due to City Budget cuts to the Fire Department